This is where one woman explores. She's embarking upon a journey of rediscovery (bear with me..). Learning to re-nourish the mind and body and find inner, ahem, peace...
Bienvenue.


"It's never too late to become what you might have been." George Eliot

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

eggplanty








I'm feeling something I haven't felt for awhile and it's not altogether pleasant:  full.  

Moussaka is really delicious and thanks to this recipe from Gourmet Girl Cooks, I felt like I knew what I was doing.  It was a bit involved for a rush-around school night, but so worth it. 

Husband came home really hungry and dug right in - it's very rich and I was hoping it would see us through a couple of meals, but I don't think it'll make it very far.  We enjoyed with a side of....kale (ta da!).   However, we bought a new nonstick pan the other day (for all of the omelettes we've been preparing), and it doesn't really wilt the greens - it sort of makes them crispy - ah well, they were good with toasted sunflower seeds and tumeric.  

Life is pretty good without wheat, that's for sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment