This is where one woman explores. She's embarking upon a journey of rediscovery (bear with me..). Learning to re-nourish the mind and body and find inner, ahem, peace...
Bienvenue.


"It's never too late to become what you might have been." George Eliot

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

in a pinch

 Today's the first day since giving up grains that I panicked.  I didn't know what we were going to have for lunch! Oh my!  

To analyze my emotion and then reactive behaviour is of some interest (hmmm....).  I reached for grain (actually quinoa, a seed, but still...grainy).  I figure we cannot live on eggs; we depleted our power greens in just two days, and our cheese stock is precariously low.  After getting the quinoa started on the stove, I started to calm down.  Then I reached for the bunch of....are you ready for it?  fresh purple kale from the market and began preparing it. I grabbed a handful of chopped pecans and threw them into a salad bowl..next came a carrot, a green pepper, some freshly grated parmesan cheese, chia seeds, dried cranberries (probably a carbohydrate NO NO) EVOO, apple cider vinegar and dijon mustard.  I almost forgot about the...quinoa.  But alas, it topped off our gigantic salad.  Now I feel almost completely calm.  Except I'm actually worried about lunch's total carb count (Oh my GOD, I"m not one of those people - I'm NOT).  It's an experiment - perhaps I can tolerate healthy grains like quinoa in small amounts - that would be lovely, because it's so darn healthy and delicious.  I suppose now I need to observe my hunger levels in the next few hours...

Okay, just needed to share it all because it's so incredibly fascinating.  

Namaste 




No comments:

Post a Comment